I was in Atlanta this past weekend for Haven (a super fun DIY blogging conference) where I got to meet some of my favorite blogging friends. We laughed, talked power tools, ate and drank…and ate and drank some more. Somewhere in there, there was some dancing to burn off the amazing food we ate, but I was still craving something healthy and light when I got back.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich was the perfect thing. I know you are thinking, wait, chicken salad, healthy? With all that mayo? Well I switched it up a little with this recipe and used non-fat greek yogurt. I promise it still tastes amazing (this coming from someone who isn’t a huge fan of yogurt to begin with).
The blue cheese (or bleu cheese if you’re feeling fancy) totally masks any yogurty tartness. The hot sauce really makes this pop and the best part? I used an already cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, so it literally takes about 10 minutes to make.
- 6 oz cup of plain fat free greek yogurt
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tsp hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 ribs of celery chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients until well mixed. Add chicken and celery. Serve with tomato on whole wheat bread or in lettuce wraps. Add more hot sauce to taste.
What’s not to like? Healthy, fast, spicy and delicious!