Have you ever grilled pizza? It’s so easy and so good! We are finally up in the 40’s this week, so it’s time to break out the grill and celebrate! This Grilled BLT Pizza is the perfect recipe to celebrate warmer weather.
Weber makes this pizza stone that is especially for your grill. Just pop it on your grill while you are preheating it, let it warm up for a good 15 minutes and you are ready to cook.
Start with your dough, throw it in the air in an attempt to impress your kids, drop it on the floor in the process…10 second rule right?
Lay it out on a board covered in cornmeal, add your toppings and then just slide it onto the hot stone.
I cooked mine for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Now for my own little twist on a BLT, avocado! I love avocado on a BLT sandwich so I thought an avocado dressing to toss the lettuce in would be perfect. Just throw it on top of the pizza when it’s done cooking and it is so good.
If you don’t want to grill this Grilled BLT Pizza you can do this all in your oven. Just preheat your oven to 400 and you are good to go.
- 1 pizza dough ball (I find mine in the frozen aisle, but you can make your own dough too)
- ½ C monterrey jack cheese
- ½ C mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 5 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp mayo
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees with pizza stone inside.
- Stretch pizza dough into a circle and place on a cutting board or wood pizza paddle that has been sprinkled with corn meal.
- Top with cheeses, tomatoes and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slide pizza onto hot stone and cook with the grill closed for about 10 minutes or until crust is done.
- Mix avocado, mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with dressing and put on top of the pizza.