I have another beach inspired recipe for you all today! I think I pretty much ate my weight in shrimp tacos when we were on vacation a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve been working on replicating the recipe and I think I finally got it. These shrimp tacos with mango salsa are a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
This recipe would also be great for summer entertaining, since you can make everything ahead of time except the shrimp. Shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook so you can have this meal on the table in under 10 minutes.
The fresh mango salsa is really the key to pretending you are relaxing on the beach. However you can totally buy a jar of your favorite mango salsa to make this even easier. Pineapple salsa would be fantastic too!
The combination of the sweet and spicy salsa, creamy chili sauce, and crunchy slaw – really hits all the notes.
It may sound complicated since there are quite a few toppings, but I promise you can throw these shrimp tacos with mango salsa together any night of the week.
You could also throw these on the grill instead of sautéing too!
I like to pop my corn tortillas directly on my gas stove to char them a bit. You could again grill those as well or toast in a pan.
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 mango
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes you could use Roma tomatoes as well
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 jalapeño seeded
- 1/4 cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai style chili sauce I like Trader Joe's brand
- 1-2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 lime
For the shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 9-12 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp butter
- Finely dice mango, onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic and cilantro and put in a bowl.
- Add the juice of one lime and salt. Mix well.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for several days.
- Mix mayo, sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and juice from 1/2 a lime in a bowl.
- Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Dry shrimp well toss with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sauté in butter for 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until cooked through.
- Microwave, grill, or toast corn tortillas.
Assemble the Tacos
- Spread sauce on corn tortillas.
- Top with shredded cabbage and shrimp.
- Spoon mango salsa over top. Enjoy!
Want to keep it casual? Pile all the ingredients on a large cutting board and let everyone serve themselves. These shrimp tacos with mango salsa are for sure a new favorite dinner around here.