Fall Mantel

Hey, how was your weekend?  Ours was great – we had a fun family photo shoot (can’t wait to share the pics next month), and I got the chance to work on my Fall Mantle as well.  As I mentioned Friday,  I was able to reuse most of my Fall Tablescape materials for the Mantel where they are safe from little hands :)

Once again I went with (shocker) a white neutral theme.

These frames used to be black but I wanted them to look like old barnwood, so I used gray, white, and brown craft paint to get a wood tone look.  Then I scraped some off for a distressed look.

Now that I see this picture I realize there is still paint on the glass whoopsie!  Once again, I’m the laziest DIY-er ever.  I suppose I should have gotten out some painters tape but I’m always working against the nap time clock!

Remember how I spray painted these leaves to give them a little softer look?  They are still holding up just fine.

Here is a close up of our fireplace tile.  My husband wanted glass tile, and I wanted marble so this was our compromise…I still love marble tiled fireplaces, but this is fun too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Later in the week, I look forward to posting my first cooking post.  Wow, taking photos of food is waaaay harder than I thought…but I promise the recipes are good :)

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Looks great Kelly. I noticed all your books are facing with the bound end toward the wall, is that a new thing?
    Kim

Thanks Kim! Actually I was in a hurry trying to shoot the pics for this and my little man spent his morning pulling all the books off the shelves. I normally have them arranged in a certain way that looks nice but didnt have time to put them back that way, so I just flipped them around so they didn’t look all crazy :)

Your house is gorgeous, Kelly! I just stopped over from A Women’s Haven and fell in love with your home so much that I just had to see the rest of your blog for myself! Oh, and I live in MI, too! What a small world! I’m a new follower! So glad to “meet” you!

Allison

Hi Kelly! Sure love your fireplace and mantel! It all looks so pretty and serene! Especially love the white pumpkins! My fave!

Thanks so much for partying with us at Blissful Whites Wednesday!
    Have a lovely week!
    Becky

How beautiful! Your mantle looks great!!! I love that tile on the fireplace – it’s beautiful!!!! And I love that picture with all the trees!

Your mantel is beautiful! That frame looks like real wood, you did an amazing job with the paint! The white pumpkins, the pretty pictures and those tiles makes everything stand out! Love it!

Hi Kelly, Love your white mantel vignette and those frames are awesome. White pumpkins are my favorites. Love your fireplace tile too. Just gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

Hey Kelly,
    LOVE your fall mantle. I recently painted my living room a much much lighter color (blue) and now my orange and burlap natle looks so out of place. I may have to copy yours! so pretty!!!
    Would love if you came and linked up with us. We’re giving away one free week of ad space for one lucky feature, and our blog gets thousands of hits per day! Hope to see you there!