My Spring Mantel and a Linky Party!

You guys, I’m so sad.  Today was to be my big new fireplace mantel reveal, just in time for helping my friend Lucy from Craftberry Bush co-host the big Swing into Spring Mantel Linky Party with Courtney from French Country Cottage…

I mean I knew it was cutting it close trying to re-tile my fireplace 2 weeks before, but you all know I’m a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal and I figured it would all work out.  The tile came in on time, (happy dance!!) 4 days before the party today, plenty of time! I was all set for it to be amazing…

and then I got the call that my tile was delivered broken. whooooomp, whoooomp :( so needless to say it’s not done.

Spring Mantel

That’s ok we will improvise, I don’t want my mantel to feel left out after all.  She will just be like me in the carpool pickup line at school –

She’s got her hair brushed,

swipe of mascara on,

a little concealer to hide those tired eyes….

and sweat pants and slippers on the bottom.  You know, totally presentable thru the car window, but really not so put together.

I think I’ll call it my mullet mantel, pretty on the top and disaster area on the bottom.

Just imagine my pretty new gray stone surround, cute springy throw pillows in my comfy wicker chairs and a bundle of fresh tulips singing spring.  Now that you are imagining the springy happiness, let’s focus on the positives, shall we?

I love these gorgeous blue glass bottles we used for my sister in laws baby shower.  They are such a happy color.

Spring Mantel

My favorite old windows are always at home here in the living room.

Spring Mantel

And you know I had to throw in a happy little chalkboard sign too.

Spring Mantel

I’m kind of loving the simple, sweet non fussy spring mantel this year…

Spring Mantel

or at least that’s what I’m telling myself to make me feel better about the disaster zone that is going on beneath.

Spring Mantel

I’ll keep you posted on the tile situation, but in the meantime let’s see all your fun and fabulous spring mantels!  Make sure you check out Lucy and Courtney’s amazing spring mantels today and all the other great parties the rest of the week!

Now if you hadn’t mentioned the tile I would have never known the difference — the mantel looks beautiful and the blue bottles are just the thing. If you are still upset about the tile perhaps you could take another picture and use photoshop to add it in. Frankly I don’t know how to do that , I’m trying to learn all about those camera thingies. And I promise I won’t tell anyone about what you’re really wearing when you pick up the kids.

Thanks Marisa, I actually did photoshop one but it just didn’t look quite right – hopefully I can post the real thing soon! Thanks for keeping my secret ;)

Your Spring mantel is wonderful in spite of the tile fiasco. Love the simple clean look to it and the cobalt blue bottles against the white background is stunning!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Pieced Pastimes

Your mantel is so pretty already. Just imagine how wonderful it will be when everything is finished! Your cobalt bottles and the bloom chalkboard are beautiful.

I like your Mullet mantel. Ha Ha, You’re funny! Your mantel just looks nice and crisp for Spring, Good Luck on the tile work.
    Hey, so I tried to link up my mantel but the image came up black for some reason. Any way you can delete it, so I can try again?

Kelly, I don’t honestly think you could pull together something which wasn’t pretty even if you tried. I am sorry about your tile, though. What a bubble burster? :( But it will be spectacular when you’re done and you can WOW us with a Summer Mantel. :)
    Thank you so much for joining us for the Swing Into Spring Link Party. #swingintospring

xxoo, Barb

Thanks so much Barb, you are too nice! Thanks so much for including me in the Swing into Spring week, so fun. Can’t wait for that summer mantel, or summer for that matter! Can’t wait to see your wreath!

Hey Melissa we found most of them at an antique flea market, but I think my mom bought a few new wine bottles too that were mixed in there.

ha ha, that made me laugh! Loving all the snippets of your house we get to see, so jealous of your butlers pantry. We had one at our old house and I miss it!

Hi, and sorry if my english is bad. I wish to ask. What can I do to rviecee your autographed photo? If I have to send a fanletter to you, will you let me know an address for you in Australia. Please, it will make me so proud if I’m the lucky one.Have a nice day michelleYours sincerelyAnni Pia Jensen

Everything is as beautiful Kelly! Love it and moreover that you just went with it! That is the only way to roll my friend. Hope you are heading to Haven I’d like to meet you in person.

Hey girlie! I shared it on FB but forgot to come back over and tell you how GORGEOUS your mantel is! So fun to be partying with you this week on the tour!

Kelly, I’m so sorry about your tile, but your mantel is just lovely! I’m a huge fan of the blue bottles, and my daughter used them at her wedding reception a couple of years ago. Thank you for joining us on our tour!