If you hang around on Instagram with me (which I highly recommend because we have so much fun over there) you may have been enjoying the cocktails series the Mr. has hosting. He is my own cute personal bartender, but I like to share him with you all too! :) Basically, we are just trying to keep ourselves entertained over here in 2020 however we can. His latest concoction is this delicious Caramel Espresso Martini. It might just be my favorite cocktail to date!
It’s the perfect after-dinner cocktail to serve this holiday season. I highly recommend it as an accompaniment to any type of pie, or even on its own as a dessert.
The big key is to shake, shake, shake until you can’t feel your arm. You really want to get that yummy frothy bit going for the top like a latte or caramel macchiato.
If you aren’t a caramel fan you could swap the caramel for chocolate for a mocha vibe. Or stick with the classic vanilla vodka for just a hint of sweetness. We just use strong coffee since we don’t have a fancy espresso machine. If you have an espresso machine, one shot may be sufficient, depending on how strong you like your coffee. You can always add caramel directly to the cocktail shaker if you like your coffee sweeter. Think about how you take your coffee at home and adjust accordingly. The Mr. and I usually drink our coffee with just a splash of coconut milk, so we prefer a strong coffee flavor.
- 2 shots of strong coffee cooled. If you use espresso 1 shot may be sufficient depending on how strong you like your coffee.
- 2 shots of salted caramel vodka (or vanilla vodka)
- 1 shot of Kahlua
- caramel for drizzling (I use Ghirardelli caramel sauce you can find it by the hot fudge typically)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add coffee, vodka, and Kahlua.
- Shake vigorously until the mixture is frothy.
- Drizzle caramel in a martini glass.
- Pour martini into the glass.
You can check out my other cocktail and recipe ideas on my recipe page. Cheers!