Fave Must Have Makeup Products
Lately, when I do Instagram stories (which I’m trying to be better about, but let’s face it – it’s awkward talking to yourself into your phone), I am flooded with dm’s about what makeup I use or what eyeshadow I’m wearing. Which is so nice but, I certainly don’t claim to be an expert. I do have my tried and true favorites though, so I thought I would link them all here for you in one spot!
Just click on each bold word to check out the products. Contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer – I love this primer for keeping my makeup in place; if I’m going to go through all that work, I want it to stay put and this really does the job!
- CC Cream your Skin But Better by It Cosmetics – I have 2 go to foundations first up this CC cream is what I use on a “better skin day” when I don’t need as much coverage it also has SPF 50 in it which I love. I use a damp beauty blender to apply it and it’s so natural looking.
- MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation – This is my more full coverage foundation. I have bad melasma that really gets worse in the summer (despite my constant sunscreen applications and ever-present hat) and this really covers anything even my melasma mustache ;)
- Eden Shadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay – I swear by this stuff. I have kind of hooded eyes, and if I don’t use this, my eyeshadow is completely creased within hours.
- Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Concealer – I follow that up with the popular concealer shape tape, I love this stuff! It seems to be every beauty bloggers holy grail and I feel the same.
- Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Setting powder – I set my whole face lightly with this powder.
- Becca under eye brightening corrector – I tap this under my concealer to combat my dark circles. It really brightens your undereye area and makes you look more awake.
- Tarte Hamptons Weekender Contour Pallete – I love this little bronzer/blush/highlighter compact and it’s great to travel with or throw in your purse. I love that it has everything you need in one palette.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Eyebrows in blonde – I have like zero eyebrows. They are blonde and thinning (thanks to crazy hormonal changes) and this dip brow totally saves me. Grab this brush to apply it with!
- Tarte 2 in Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette – This is my go-to eyeshadow for day and night. It has a combo of matte and shimmer (not scary glitter, pretty shimmer) options and they are all easy to wear neutrals with a few deeper colors for a more dramatic eye.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara – This is my go-to mascara I use it with this drug store primer underneath.
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – This stuff stays put and goes on so easy because it has a felt tip like a sharpie marker.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Last, I hit my whole face with this setting spray to keep everything put. If you have never used a setting spray, I was pretty skeptical too, but it’s like hairspray for your face – it really makes a difference when I use it!
As far as my lips go, I always use a nude liner and either a Buxom Plumping Lip Polish (I have it a bunch of colors) or my fave drugstore find is NYX Butter Gloss.
There you go – everything in my beauty arsenal! Now to actually get out of my workout clothes and use some of this stuff ;)
I just love posts like this! What girl doesn’t like shopping for cosmetics and I do need a new primer. I also use IT Cosmetics CC cream and recently bought their Bye Bye Foundation full coverage moisturizer, also with SPF 50. So far, I’m liking it a bit better than the CC for wearing around the house or puttering in the yard (if it’s ever again warm enough for puttering, ha!) And thanks so much for recommending the Super Collagen last October (I think it was). I’ve been taking it daily for almost 5 months now and I honestly see a reduction in the fine lines around my eyes and mouth. I’m seriously thrilled!
Thanks so much Dori! I’ll have to check their foundation out, I haven’t tried it yet! And I’m so glad you like the collagen I’m still going strong on it too!
What collagen?! Please share again!!
I use vital proteins!
Comments are closed.