Friday Feels – Faves Lately
Welcome to another Friday Feels where I share what I’m “feeling” this week. This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
It’s been a while since a good old fashioned random Friday Feels post! So, here we go with a few favorite things I’ve picked up lately.
1. If I Have to Tell You One More Time by Amy McCready – I’ve been listening to this parenting book lately while I clean or run errands (Sidenote – I love the audible app and so does the Mr. for his 30-minute commute every day). Bonus – the Mr. has been listening to it as well, so we can be on the same page parenting wise. It’s all about positive parenting and I’m only a 1/4 of the way through, but I’ve already implemented a few changes and I’m seeing a difference in my kid’s behavior. The biggest take away so far is we have been trying to spend intentional one-on-one time with each of our kids every day, which has been great!
2. Just Between Us: Mother & Daughter: A No-Stress, No-Rules Journal. This is another parenting type book that I talked about in my holiday gift guide for kids. My daughter has been loving this book and so have I. My 11-year-old doesn’t always like to open up and talk, so this gives us the opportunity to do it via journaling. There are all sorts of fun prompts like – favorite things, things I would like to do together, what I hope etc. and then a section for your daughter to write and a section for the mother to write back. We have been passing this journal back and forth; she will pick a page and fill it out and leave the bookmark in it and leave it on my nightstand. I’ll fill out my section and leave it on her bed for when she gets home from school. It’s been a really sweet way to bond and learn about her feelings. I also think it will be so fun for her to look back on when she is grown up too.
3. Tazo Glazed Lemon Loaf Tea – I’m obsessed with this tea! One of my fave blogger friends Michael at Inspired by Charm mentioned it on his Instagram stories a few weeks ago, and I was so glad I found it in my local grocery store. It tastes like a lemon vanilla gingerbread cake, but it has no calories and it’s caffeine free. I usually have a glass of wine at night after we put the kids to bed, but I gave that up for Lent, so this tea has become my substitute. It’s so nice when you want something to sip on, or a great alternative if you are trying to cut out sweets. They also have these other flavors as well, but the lemon is the best!
4. Zober Slack/Trouser pants hangers – I spent all last week organizing my closet, and I love these hangers! I hung up all my jeans, dress pants and even my leggings. It has freed up so much space, and my closet is way more organized. They have a rubber coating on them so nothing slides off and the design makes it easy to hang them up, no clips to deal with.
5. Speaking of jeans, I splurged on a few new pairs of jeans at Madewell for my birthday during their sale, and I absolutely love them. I picked up the fun button front pair and these distressed black jeans that have the perfect amount of distressing. I think the color I bought may be sold out still, so I linked them in a different wash too. I’d share a photo of me wearing them, but they are packed away in my suitcase for spring break. I will say I got a gazillion dm’s about them on instastories last week – they are the best!
6. Ok, and this Cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joes is SO good! Ignore the directions on the package and saute them instead of boiling them. I like to saute garlic, onions, and mushrooms with them for some extra flavor. Then I toss it with our favorite pesto or marinara sauce. I even roasted peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes in the oven and tossed that in as well with a cream sauce for a pasta primavera type dish. The Mr. was shocked to find out that it was made with cauliflower. We try to eat meat-free meals at least once or twice a week, and this is one of my favorite alternatives to pasta.
7. Pravana Purple Toning Blonde Shampoo – I feel like I’ve shared a lot lately about our hard water issues here, and this shampoo helps get the brass out of my blonde hair. I keep it on for a few minutes in the shower and use it twice a week. It takes the orange right out of my hair. Just be careful not to leave it on too long unless you like purple hair :)
I think that’s all I got this week! We are headed back down to Florida for spring break to visit my parent’s again today, and I can’t wait for a week of sunshine and sand. I can’t complain though, the sun has been shining lately here in Michigan and it has been so nice! PS these are my happy shoes you can find them here :)
Your Friday Feels are my favorite posts! I just ordered the Tazo tea!
Thanks and enjoy your time in Florida!
This was a very helpful and informative post. Yay for Lent intentions! I gave up my weekday wine for tea as well but just for health. I can’t wait to try the gnocchi. I love Trader Joe’s. I will also get that tea.
Aveda makes a nice anti-brass shampoo and conditioner too.
As always, your house is gorgeous. I wish you could come to me in California and just fix my house and shop for me.
Hey Lisa, I hope you love the Gnocchi! I love TJ’s too!
Don’t forget to update on your mom’s house in Florida.
Yes I saved it to my stories on Instagram :)
I was hoping you would link your adorable shoes in this list….willing to share where you found those cuties?
Hey Jeri, they are linked above you just need to click the BOLD word. Anytime you see a product that is in bold it’s a link to the product thanks :)
Just ordered the shampoo to give it a try! Already drinking the tea, and I agree it’s very good and a great choice when I am craving something sweet!! So happy to see Friday Feels back!!
I hope you love the shampoo!
I must get that lemon tea for my hubby. And cauliflower gnocchi? Sounds amazing. Have a wonderful time In FL.
Thanks Dori, the tea is so good!
Comments are closed.