Beach Vacation Clothes – Friday Feels
Welcome to another Friday Feels where I share what I’m “feeling” this week. This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. Just click on the BOLD links.
This week I’m feeling…ready for a beach vacation! We are on day two of snow days here in Michigan. After about a foot of snow this week, I’m ready to escape to a sunnier climate. The Mr. and I are thankfully heading out on vacation soon, so I thought I would share all the beach vacation clothes I’m taking along.
What clothes to pack on a beach vacation
- Straw Hat – I like to keep the sun off my face and this straw hat has a nice wide brim. It’s comfortable and the brim is nice and stiff so it won’t flop in my face in the wind.
- Sunglasses– These are my favorite brand of sunglasses because they are super comfortable, great quality, yet the price point is still reasonable.
- White Boucle Tank – This tank is great to throw over a bathing suit with cut offs. The texture is perfectly beachy.
- Cutoff shorts – These are a bit of a splurge, but I live in cutoff shorts all summer long. These are a great length, perfectly distressed, and comfortable. I’m willing to splurge on wardrobe staples that I will wear a lot.
- Straw Bag – I’ve had this bag for a few years and it’s a fave. It’s super packable and holds all my books, sunscreen, and snacks.
- Leather Slides – The woven detail elevates these slides, and this color goes with everything.
- Ruched Dress – This dress comes in a million colors and is super flattering. I have this beige color and it’s perfect to throw over a suit with flip flops. Add heels and a cute bag and it can take you out to dinner too.
- Unseen Sunscreen -This is my fave everyday sunscreen. I put it on under makeup every single day, even all winter long. I LOVE this formula, it’s a lightweight gel that rubs in easily.
- Glowstick – I throw this sunscreen stick in my beach bag to reapply throughout the day. It’s lightweight and adds a bit of a pretty shimmer.
- Duster Cardigan – You may recognize this cardigan from my holiday gift guide. I own it in two colors and it is my go to airport outfit! It’s cozy yet lightweight.
- Reversible Bag – This is my go to travel bag. It holds a ton and the smaller wristlet inside is perfect for holding my passport and travel documents.
- Zella leggings – Pair these black leggings, duster, and bag and you look deceptively put together for the airport, but still feel like you are in pajamas.
- Sneakers – These are my fave sneakers (my daughter has the high top version) and finish off my airport outfit. They are also cute enough to wear with shorts, or a dress for shopping or exploring.
- Longline Bikini Top – This color is so flattering with a tan and I love the extra coverage of the longline style. It’s a really great price point as well.
- Bikini Bottom – This bottom has full coverage for your bum.
- Self Tanner – Self tanner is a must for my pale winter body before vacation. I recently switched to this brand and it has a really natural color with a nice coconut scent. The mitt works great for application too.
- White shirt – I love a gauzy button down shirt for vacation. Perfect to throw over a suit with shorts.
Of course I will throw in a few more dresses and tops, but this is a good start to my packing list! I like to stay pretty low maintenance on vacation. I usually pack a lot of mix and match cute vacation beach clothes that I can dress up or down with jewelry and shoes.
I bought myself the reversible bag based on your recommendation and both my 20 something kids told me how nice they thought it was!! Look at me – so chic!
Oh love it! It’s the best bag :)
Have fun!! We will head to the beach early May, but my hubby and I are going for a little trip in two weeks!
Oh nice, enjoy!
Comments are closed.