I have summer on the brain, more specifically summer recipes. One of the Mr.’s go to favorite meals is BBQ ribs. However, you don’t have to wait for summertime grilling to make my easy slow cooker ribs recipe. They can also be a cozy food in the middle of winter too.Jump to Recipe
I shared how I prepare these ribs on my Instagram the other day and you all wanted the “recipe” saved somewhere. I say recipe in quotations because it’s hardly even a recipe, if you buy a BBQ seasoning blend. I like to use the Trader Joe’s version.
You could also use any kind of BBQ seasoning blend you find in the store. I make my own sometimes too. It’s the same rub I use on my spicy pork tenderloin recipe which is always a hit. I’ve included that spice rub recipe below.
If you go the easy route with store bought seasoning then this easy slow cooker rib “recipe” has just 4 ingredients. Pork ribs, seasoning, apple cider, and your favorite barbecue sauce.
I topped mine with some sliced scallions for color, but that’s entirely optional!
Let them sit on low in your crockpot all day and pop them under the broiler for a few minutes when they are done. It could not be an easier weeknight meal. I like to pair my easy slow cooker ribs with roasted potatoes in the air fryer and a big green salad. My Italian Farro Salad would be delicious with it as well.
You could finish these on the grill in the summertime, but usually they are falling apart so it can be difficult to transfer them to the grill. I tried to pick one up for these photos but the meat slid right off the bone.
My favorite kind of ribs are tender and falling apart, but with a bit of crispiness on top from the broiler. So good!
Easy Crockpot BBQ Ribs
- slow cooker
- 1 rack pork ribs
- 1-2 tbsp BBQ spice seasoning I like to use Trader Joe's
- 2 cups apple cider You could also use chicken broth
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce I like Stubbs
- Remove the membrane from the back of the pork ribs
- Coat liberally with BBQ spice seasoning.
- Place in slow cooker with apple cider.
- Let cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- Carefully remove ribs (they will be falling apart) and place on a sheet pan.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and broil on high til brown and bubbly. 3-5 minutes.
Homemade Spice Rub
- 1/3 cup brown sugar1/2 tsp garlic powder1/2 tsp curry powder1/2 tsp chili powder1/2 tsp onion powder1 tsp paprika1/2 tsp salt1/2 tsp black pepper1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepperMix together and store in airtight container.