Fave Denim Finds – Friday Feels
Welcome to another Friday Feels where I share what I’m feeling this week. This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. fave denim finds
When I was 13 I shot up to 5 ft 9. About 5 ft of that height was my scrawny chicken legs, hence my childhood nickname Birdie! I needed a 35-inch inseam which didn’t seem to exist in the 90s. Thus my hunt for the perfect pair of jeans began. If only cropped jeans were in style back then! I distinctly remember driving to the fabric store and buying denim. Then I cut and hot glued to the bottom of my jeans in an attempt to not look like I was preparing for a flood at all times. Middle school was a very attractive time period for me as you can imagine…Thankfully times have changed and the size options now seem endless! I have since embraced my chicken legs. So I thought I would do a round-up of all my fave denim in one spot in case you are on the hunt too. I will say these are not just for tall girls! These classic silhouettes can work on anyone. I’ve included a few different price points. Although I’m not afraid to splurge when it comes to a classic pair of jeans. I wear jeans every single day and a good pair can last for years. You can click on the bold links to shop.
- High Rise Skinny Jeans – These are a great everyday dark wash denim. Although this style comes in a lot of washes, these are really great for the price (wait for a sale they go 1/2 off all the time! Right now they are BOGO 5o% off)
- Slim Boyfriend Jean – These are my fave weekend throw on with sneakers jeans. I have them in a lighter wash that’s no longer available. I like the relaxed boyfriend fit because they aren’t too baggy and unflattering like some boyfriend denim can be. They are also perfect for spring and summer with mules and a cute top.
- Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans in Black Sea – These are my go-to black jeans. They are perfectly distressed and faded. The kind of jeans it looks like you have had forever. I throw them on with heels for date night, or sneakers and a band t-shirt when I want to embarrass my daughter and pretend to be a cool mom. ;)
- Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans in Pure White – My same fave black denim but in white and without the distressing. I like the mid-rise option on these. Perfect in the summer and winter, I wear mine all year long.
- High-Rise Super Skinny Jeans – I have these white jeans too and they are on major clearance right now!
- 10″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans – These are my absolute fave jeans in my closet. The perfect classic skinny jean with just the right amount of stretch. They are soft and comfortable, and great dressed up or down. I have them in the Tall length for a cropped look in the summer, and in the Taller length to wear with boots in winter.
- 501 Skinny Jeans – I picked these up a few months ago and recently bought them in another color. It doesn’t get more classic than Levi’s 501’s. These are more like a true denim without a lot of stretch. They are also more of a relaxed skinny jean, not quite a straight leg but not skintight either. Again dress these up or down you cannot go wrong. I love wearing a blazer and heels with them just as much as a sweater and boots.
- 501 Skinny Jeans – This the darker color I recently snagged. I have the longest inseam they come in. They fit a little bit cropped on me but I can still wear booties with them.
- 10″ High Rise Button-Front – I wore these all summer long with a tee or tank and the button front adds a little something to a basic outfit. The frayed hem is perfect with mules or sandals.
I tried a few of the pairs on and snapped some awkward mirror selfies so you can see the fit. I’ll link what I can of the rest of the outfit, but most of the items are old tried and true faves from my closet and are sold out. I just wanted to give you ideas on how you could style the jeans with pieces you may already have in your closet.
These are the cropped boyfriend jeans that I love. (Number 2)
Jeans / Shoes / Similar Top / Watch
My fave 501 classic jeans. (Number 8)
Jeans / Blazer / Shoes / Necklace / Watch
The same classic 501’s in the lighter wash. I love that these can be dressed up like above or they pair perfectly with sneakers. (Number 7)
These are my fave dark wash perfect amount of stretch skinny jeans. They go with everything. Charlie approves too. (Number 6)
Jeans / Boots / Similar Sweater
My go-to black jeans with the perfect amount of distressing. (Number 3)
Jeans / Similar Shoes / Necklace
Last my fave white high rise skinny jeans. (Number 5)
Jeans / similar sweater / shoes / necklace / watch
fave denim finds