Did you know today is National Noodle Day? Who knew, right? Well I did! So let’s celebrate with some amazing pasta recipes from some of your favorite bloggers featuring the ever popular noodle :)
I’m serving up a yummy Pasta Primavera in pink sauce. My kids totally hate vegetables, so I’m forever trying to sneak more into our meals. This dish is the perfect way to try that (although my daughter still remains steadfast in her hatred of mushrooms) since my kids are usually up for anything involving pasta and cheese.
I like to roast my veggies to give them an extra boost of flavor. I used mushrooms, orange peppers, zucchini and tomatoes, because that’s what I had on hand. This recipe is also great to use up whatever you have leftover in the fridge, you could totally switch up the veggies and it would still be delicious. Toss all your vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper, and minced garlic. Keep the tomatoes separate on their own side of the pan, so they are easy to pick out later to make the pink sauce.
While your veggies are roasting away, you are going to make the pink sauce. This is easier than it sounds, just make a basic béchamel sauce (which is fancy for cooking butter and flour together and whisking in some milk or cream. I use milk to keep things on the healthier side.) and add some parmesan and garlic. When your tomatoes are done roasting stir those into the sauce until they break up a bit and you end up with a yummy pink sauce.
Toss the cooked farfalle pasta and the roasted vegetables all together with the sauce and enjoy!
Be sure to check out all the fabulous noodle deliciousness below! Happy Noodle Day :)
Redhead Can Decorate
Town and Country Living
Yesterday on Tuesday
Cupcakes and Crinoline
Yellow Bliss Road
Setting for Four
Clean and Scentsible
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Lily Pad Cottage
Pasta Primavera with Pink Sauce
- 1 box whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper cut into medium pieces
- 1 container of sliced button mushrooms
- olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 c shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put all veggies on a sheet pan, keeping the tomatoes separate.
- Drizzle with olive oil, 1/2 the minced garlic and salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Roast veggies for 20-30 or until they start to brown.
- Meanwhile start a pot of water to boil for the pasta and cook pasta according to box directions.
- Saute the remaining garlic in the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for a minute or two.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cook until thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- When the veggies are done, stir the tomatoes into the white sauce until they break down and make a pink sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir in the rest of the veggies.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with parmesan and fresh basil if desired.