Now that the house is good and fall-ified, and before the Christmas crazy hits (I know, I don’t even want to think about that yet – yikes!), I thought it would be a good time to revisit the progress I’m making in my daughter’s room. Her new nightstands arrived and I love them! These are a great budget friendly option. I will warn you that you have to put them together (think IKEA, but with better instructions). It only took me an hour to get them both up an running. They aren’t super high-quality solid wood pieces, but I do really like them for the price point. The brass details on them are so fun, and the deep drawers are just what my daughter needed to
hide snacks and other contraband store books.
I added these fun brass lamps from Target. I love the juxtaposition of the old school granny-chic floral wallpaper and the curvy lines of the bed with the modern vibe of the lamps and nightstands.
We swapped out the beach prints in her white frames for these fun line drawings. I have big plans to hang them yet, but I chickened out on putting holes in the wallpaper on my own. My very precise way of hanging art – eyeballing it, grabbing whatever is handy from the kitchen (usually a meat mallet or serving spoon) and putting 3 or 4 holes in the wall until I get it right – didn’t seem like the way to go when I was dealing with wallpaper. So, I will wait for the math wizard (aka the Mr.) to use a tape measure, level and all that good and proper stuff this weekend. Anyone else out there routinely use kitchen utensils instead of the hammer they can’t find to hang a picture, or is it just me?
On the other end of the room, I gave her dresser a little makeover. It was white and we felt like this side of the room needed more color with the freshly painted white walls. My daughter picked out this super pale pink tone that we both loved.
This dresser was a $30 thrift store find from a few years back that had rope pull handles. The pulls were adorable but so impractical – they would pull completely out every few weeks.
I had to find hardware that would cover up the huge holes the rope pulls left behind. I found some cheap cup pull hardware on amazon that did the trick. The only downside is they ended up being super bright shiny gold – not the look I was going for. So, I gave them a few coats of spray paint to fix them up. I used Satin Bronze by Rustoleum.
AFTER: I still need to figure out pillows and everything in her chair as I just sort of tossed some stuff in here for a photo. I’m also working on art for above the dresser too!
This dresser is approximately a million years old, so nothing was straight or flush, which made putting new hardware on challenging, but I think it turned out pretty cute!
I’m still on the hunt for art above the dresser, a few more accessories, and her bedding which has been back-ordered until November. I’m also still debating on what kind of rug to put in here. Oh, and I’m planning on recovering that polka dot bolster pillow on her bed too! Hopefully, I’ll be sharing a completed room next month sometime when I figure it all out.
SOURCE LIST: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you.
Wall Color – Extra White by Sherwin Williams
Pink paint – Just Peachy by Benjamin Moore
Wallpaper – find it here
Bed – it’s been discontinued
Nightstands – find them here
Lamps – find them here
Peacock jewelry holder – find it here
Plush lavender blanket – find it here
White throw pillows – find them here
Line drawing art – find it here