Pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods. I love to try new flavor combinations and non-traditional toppings. BLT Pizza is always a hit around here. A bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich is yummy, but put it in pizza form and you have an easy weeknight meal!
I start with a store bought pizza dough ball, I like Trader Joe’s, but you can always make your own dough too. I also like to sprinkle garlic salt on the crust for a little extra flavor and saltiness.
You want to skip the pizza sauce on this pizza and top with cheese, cherry tomatoes, and bacon crumbles. I like to use cherry tomatoes because they are perfectly bite sized, but you could use any kind you have on hand. The key is adding the lettuce after the pizza cooks!
To make the creamy dressing for this BLT Pizza, I make a mixture of avocado, mayo, and lemon juice and toss it with chopped romaine. The avocado and lemon adds a nice brightness to the pizza.
- 1 pizza dough ball I find mine in the frozen aisle, but you can make your own dough too
- 1/2 C monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 C mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 5 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp mayo
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stretch pizza dough into a circle and place on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Top with cheeses, tomatoes and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crust is fully cooked.
- Mix avocado, mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss lettuce with dressing and put on top of the pizza.
Disclaimer:This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. Just click on the BOLD links.
It’s basically putting a salad on top of a pizza. So easy and delicious! If you like bacon on pizza you should try my Honey Bacon Peppadew Pepper Pizza – it’s a little spicy, but SO good! Actually hot honey on any kind of pizza is always a good idea.
In the summer time I like to make this BLT pizza on the grill with a pizza stone. It’s a great way to cook pizza when you don’t want to heat the house up by turning the oven on.
If you are looking for a great cocktail to enjoy with pizza my Sparkling Rosé Margarita is a perfect choice. Especially in the summer – yum!
What are you favorite pizza toppings? I hope you enjoy this BLT Pizza recipe, if you try it let me know!