A classic margarita is always a favorite summer drink at our house, as is Rosé. Combine the two and you have the perfect festive cocktail – the Sparkling Rosé Margarita.
What is in a sparkling Rosé Margarita?
- Triple Sec
- Lime Juice
- Sparkling Rosé
The Mr. and I were recently in Traverse City and ate at Mama Lu’s tacos. They had a Champagne Margarita on the menu, so I had to try it. It did not disappoint! They made theirs with local winery Mawby’s sparkling rosé. It is so refreshing and it makes it a gorgeous color as well.
Being in Michigan I was able to pick up the same sparkling rosé, but you could use any you like. The added effervescence from the wine adds a lightness to this margarita that you don’t get with the traditional cocktail.
These Sparkling Rosé margaritas would be perfect to entertain with as you could easily multiply the recipe to make a pitcher. I like to serve them with my shrimp tacos but they would be great for a fajita night too!
Sparkling Rosé Margarita
- 1.5 ounces tequila 1 shot
- .75 ounces triple sec 1/2 shot
- 1 juice of lime
- 4 ounces sparkling rosé
- 1 tbsp sugar for making the sugar rim
- 1/4 c ice
- Add ice, tequila triple sec, and juice of one lime to a cocktail shaker
- Shake until chilled
- Rub the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in sugar
- Pour cocktail shaker mixture carefully into glass and top with sparkling rosé
- Add a lime slice garnish – enjoy!
Favorite Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Blood Orange Elderflower Basil Martini
- Citrus Prosecco Cocktail
- Citrus Mint Mojito Cocktail
- Grapefruit Rosé Elderflower Martini
I hope you give this Sparkling Rosé Margarita a try and enjoy the refreshing twist on a classic cocktail.