There is definitely a fall chill in the air and it has me craving all the cozy comfort foods! Last week it was Chicken Pot Pie Soup, and this week I made my daughter’s favorite crockpot beef stew. This is another easy meal great for busy weeknights. Jus throw everything in the crockpot and let it go.
My mom made a version of this when i was young, and I have sort of kicked up over the years. I like adding a little bit of this and a little bit of that. She also used V8 vegetable juice and instant tapioca in her beef stew, which I’ve kept here too.
I actually almost didn’t have enough stew left to snap these pics! My family scarfed it right up. I had to scrape the bottom of the crock and hide it in the back of the fridge, so I could take photos the next day. Which in turn prompted arguments of who got to eat the leftovers when I was done. Definitely a crowd pleaser on a cold day. This would be great to serve on Halloween before or after trick or treating too!
It’s equally great served with a glass of red wine or cold beer. Bonus points for homemade bread or rolls to serve along side.
Crockpot Beef Stew
- 1.5 lb bag small yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1.5 lb beef stew meat
- 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 2 C beef broth
- 1 1/2 C V8 vegetable juice
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tbsp worcheshire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp minute tapioca
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large crockpot add chopped potatoes, onions, and carrots.
- Top with beef stew meat and season with Lawry's seasoned salt.
- In a medium bowl combine V8, beef broth, tomato paste, tapioca, oregano, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and parsley. Stir until well combined.
- Pour sauce mixture over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaves.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours until everything is tender. I like to pull out any bigger chunks of beef and shred them a bit. Salt and pepper to taste, or add more Lawry's seasoned salt.
- Serve with rolls or bread and enjoy!
Let me know if you try this crockpot beef stew. My family is already asking for it again next Sunday after church. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
You can also check out some of my other favorite fall crockpot recipes below –
I also have lots of fun fall themed cocktail recipes if you are looking to warm up after a football game or sporting event. Check them all out below –