Does this not look like the fanciest desert ever? This Caramel Pineapple Tart is not only delicious but super simple to make.
Yeah, it’s also the easiest! It’s my little riff on Ina Garten’s Apple Tart. I make the apple version all the time for dinner parties, because it’s delicious, easy to make and looks like you went thru ton of effort. A total fake out.
I’ve decided to quit winter, like I’m so done. I’m full on grilling burgers while sporting flip flops…ok so I’m grilling in my snowsuit, but I’m still grilling! Pineapple tart screams tropical summer time weather to me, so I thought I’d give this recipe a twist with pineapple.
And oh my yum! Sooooo good! All you have to do is roll out a piece of puff pastry. Slice up your pineapple and layer the pieces all fancy. Sprinkle with sugar, dot with butter and pop it in the oven! I drizzled a little extra caramel sauce over the top when it came out, which is optional, but so good!
You would also not be wrong in the slightest to top this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…,
You can check out more of my recipes here.
How to make a Pineapple Tart
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter diced
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Optional Caramel Sauce for drizzling -
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Layer sliced pineapple on top of the pastry.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Brush or drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.
- Melt 1/4 brown sugar and 1 tbsp of butter together until bubbly. Add 1 tbsp of heavy cream stir together and brush on the tart.
Check out more of my favorite desserts below –