Confession – I take down my Christmas stuff every year by Dec 26. It starts to make me feel all twitchy and claustrophobic about December 20 (don’t worry, I’m not quite grinchy enough to take it down before the big day), but that’s probably since its been up since October (blogger problems)…
Anyways, I love the clean and bare feeling my house has after all the glitter and glitz comes down (and pine needles, millions of pine needles, I may have found one in little mans diaper – let’s not think too deeply about this one). It just feels like a fresh start to my living room decor, and the perfect time to add to my throw pillow
hoarding addiction collection.
I love these cozy knit pillows from Pottery Barn, and the gray and cute stripey ones are from H&M – $5 each!! Total score, even the Mr. couldn’t complain about those.
Of course, once I had the H&M pillows, this cute throw caught my eye too…
it seems to have caught Buddy’s rumpus as well, this dog spends about 80% of his day sitting right here (the other 20% is made up of eating crayons, amputating barbie feet, and giving occasional decorating advice)
You know, once I started with the new pillows I just couldn’t stop rearranging things (it’s like a disease or a disfunction or something…change-itis? rearrange-itis? crazy-itis?)
The mantel got a little make under too, just my old windows and a few favorite photos.
The area above the TV got some freshening up too, which – timeout – can we talk about how much I hate the big ole black box of a tv in a room? It totally messes up my white paint, vintage goodness mojo. Can’t they make a cute vintagey tv (I must mention that the Mr. just shook his head when he read this) So, of course to offset the tv, I put some of my best vintage goodies.
My favorite flea market finds – my big R and the vintage dough bowl I searched high and low for.
Oh and these books I scored at a garage sale for 25 cents each, love all these classics.
Cool right? The covers are the best part!
Who doesn’t love Paul Bunyan? Well, I mean besides my kids, they were all “why are we reading a book about a lumber jack?”
Stay tuned for even more more rearranging to come, in fact looking back at these photos (from last week) I have already added a different blanket to my wicker chair…sigh, I told you it’s a disfunction…
PS Don’t forget about my Joss and Main sale starting TOMORROW!! I’m just a wee bit excited :) find out more details here or sign up here to join Joss and Main and start shopping!