Classic Christmas Tour

Hi and surprise! I’m the surprise house today on the holiday housewalk and I’m so thrilled that Jennifer Rizzo included me this year!  The ladies participating are so talented and  the tours have totally blown me away so far. I mean, how amazing is Laura’s beautiful home over at Finding Home?

Finding home house 15

I guess it’s my turn now, so come on in!

Christmas Front Door Decor

If you’ve never stopped by before, welcome! I’m Kelly and my little sidekick down there is Buddy – he keeps me company while my munchkins are at school.

Christmas Tour

We live on a lake in wintry Michigan and my 2 kids are counting down the sleeps til Christmas.

Christmas Entry

Come on thru the entry and into the kitchen (or stop here and print off this free holiday Joy to the World printable).

Joy to the World Printable

Don’t mind the stray pine needles in your cereal bowl…

Classic Red Christmas Tour

Swing over into the family room where our flocked tree went old school with popcorn garland, pain-stakingly hand strung by me and joyfully consumed by Buddy off the bottom of the tree.

Christmas Tour

Our mantel is wishing you a cozy Merry Christmas this year, I spill the details on how to make your own sign here.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

Popcorn and hot chocolate (extra sprinkles) are a must after sledding outside.  My thrift store pillows make it extra cozy.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

My Advent Definition printable reminds of the real reason for the season.

Christmas Tour

Rudolf here is keeping watch over the tablescape, making sure all the munchkins eat their veggies.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

I was so excited to decorate our new sunroom addition for the first time, we have been hanging out here every weekend enjoying the lake view before it freezes over.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

I love these gorgeous Vermont White Spruce wreaths from Balsam Hill.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

My window Christmas card display is just waiting for all our friends and families smiling faces to arrive in the mail.

Christmas Card Display with old windows

One last Christmas sign keeps our water skis company until the lake thaws again in the spring.

Classic Red Christmas Tour

Thanks for stopping by – I hope you have a very blessed and merry Christmas!

Christmas Outdoor Decor

Be sure to head to stop 17, House of Belonging! Or take the tour from the very beginning starting over at Jennifer Rizzo, you don’t want to miss a single house!

The hosue of belonging house 17

K. It’s midnight. LONG day dealing with all things WordPress. I’m so tired. And yet here I sit… reading your blog. Why? Because I love it. :) And I am so in love with your house all decked for Christmas! Everything is absolutely beautiful Kelly. Gorgeous!! You make this California girl wish for winter. You are THAT good. :) Thanks for ending my day on such a high note! xo

Oh friend! Hang in there, you will be a WP pro soon enough! Seriously email me if you have any questions I can help with and send some California sunshine over here!

2. Clarissa says

Hi Kelly!!! I have been looking forward to your holiday home tour since before Thanksgiving. Ha! I was able to find that deer pillow at Hobby Lobby(perfect for a house full of boys) and when I went to H&M for the Merry Christmas pillow cover, I grabbed their buffalo check pillow cover and throw too-so needless to say, you have been a great inspiration for my christmas decorating this year. But can you believe I have been to EVERY Target store in the Chicaogoland area and can’t find that wrapping paper?? Ugh!!! Anyway, your home is beautiful, your tree is absolutely gorgeous. I think I’ll be switching a few things up in my own home today. Haha! Just one question-where did you get your tree? Thanks for sharing! Clarissa

3. carin says

Your blog is my go to…I love everything about it. Your sense of style yet keeping it real is so refreshing. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous home with us. Simply stunning!!

4. Debra says

Kelly, I have to say your house looks absolutely wonderful. I can’t get over how many of the bloggers have chosen flocked trees for their Christmas décor and enjoyment this year. Your décor is so charming. I just love how your all seasons room turned out. Its just beautiful. I am sure that you and your husband will feel for years to come, that it was worth the investment. Have yourselves a Merry Christmas.

Kelly – so incredibly beautiful, every single detail! I love all of the touches of red and of course, all of your stunning artistic details. You are one talented lady my friend!

6. bethanie says

Your house is so beautiful…I could move right on in! You have such a great knack for decorating without over decorating!!
    Have a blessed Christmas!

7. Jen says

OH!! so gorgeous!! LOVE it! You truly have a gift in making your home cozy and beautiful all at the same time.
    Simply LOVE!!
    In one of your pictures, can you tell me where you got your sofa table. It looks like it folds up/extends and is exactly what I need for my room.

Thanks so much!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

8. Sam says

Love the decor! We have the same style, so I love stealing your ideas! Christmas at the lake is the best ( we have a place in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin that we relax at during the weekends). Love the layout and everything. Where do you keep the tv? I’d love to keep the mantle over the fireplace free, but my husband has other plans! Thanks:)

Hey Sam! You can catch a sneak peek of the tv behind the Christmas tree, we have builtins that are kind of on an angle to the fireplace that the tv sits on, does that make sense? I’ll be doing a living room post after all my Christmas decor is put away in January and I’ll take better photos of it for you :) Lake Geneva is gorgeous, enjoy!

I am so enjoying this tour of decorated homes and am so happy I stopped in here – indeed your place was a “surprise” with each vignette/room looking spectacular! Love the wreaths over the windows in your sunroom. I was drawn into the “feel” of the display you’ve created around your fireplace in the first few pics. Love the skis, skates along with the oars on the wall – it totally gives off a vibe of where you live. I hate to leave but am continuing on my way….

10. Kimberly says

Love every room! Especially the new sunroom – just so beautiful and makes me want to sit there and watch the snow fall. Could you tell me where you got your black and white snowflake wrapping paper? It fits my theme this year and I would love to get it. Thanks so much!

11. Becky says

Kelly, your home is so beautiful and so inviting. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy the Christmas Home Tours. Thank you for sharing your home and all your lovely ideas.

12. pamela murphy says

Your house is GORGEOUS!!! Love all the details… This is my first time at your blog, but will not be my last!! Love It!!
    Merry Christmas! I was wondering what kind of dog Buddy is? He is ADORABLE!!

13. Trish says

Hi Kelly,

You just amaze me with your vision and your abilities with a saw, paint, nails, screws, etc. I was an Interior Designer by trade but I always had workmen to do my bidding!! You are a TRUE DIYer!!

I have to ask…..what kind of dog is Buddy? I have a Bandit who is a LhasaPoo – half Lhasa Apso, half Poodle and he reminds me of Buddy, but Bandit is gray and white…..would go with your house PERFECTLY!! LOL

Thanks and God bless!

Hey Trish! I just get an idea in my head and need to get it done ha, no time to wait for workmen :)

Buddy is a Coton de Tulear, which I like to say is french for pain in the butt ;)

Well it’s pretty unreal, you should see how it looks now, total disaster zone ha :) I like to look at the photos and remember it was clean once for that one hour!

14. Alicia says

Your place looks great and ready for a Merry Christmas… I love your wreaths in the sunroom, they are PERFECT :) I found you on instagram yesterday by a mistake, and immediately fell in love :) So I am thinking it wasn’t a mistake at all… I live on the shores of Georgian Bay, Ontario , so lakes and a winter wonderland are my thing! Cheers to a Merry Christmas and the New Year :)

(I am very excited to have found your blog)

15. Stephanie says

Your home is so beautiful! I’m so glad I started following you on Instagram! I made the sign last night on your mantel from your tutorial and LOVE it! Thank you! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your table runner? I’ve been looking for one like it! Thanks!

I’m new to the blogging world and I love your site!! I can’t get enough. You are a major source of inspiration!!! ❤️ Happy holidays!!

Hi Kelly, I have been following your blog for a while and I just wanted to say that I really liked your Christmas decorations and the pictures turned out really good, I know you’ve probably worked hard on them :)

Kelly, every detail is perfect in your Classic Christmas Tour. I just want to hop in the car and drive to Michigan for a visit. Your home is such a magical space and I love the ‘sleeps til Christmas’ display. It made me smile! Enjoy your holidays and give Buddy a nice scratch behind the ear for me! Too cute.

Kelly, your home is absolutely perfect? I love every detail and that room that overlooks the water always takes my breath away! I love the classic colors and tree trimmings! You and your pup are gorgeous too! Cheers and happy Christmas!

20. elma says

Wow your home is just beautiful!!! The view over the lake is amazing!! What a awesome location to live!!! The outside of your home is beautiful to!! I am so not ready for winter!!!

Kelly…it’s like I just walked out of a magazine. You are so very talented. And you live in Michigan :) I’m so happy I came across your home tour while sitting outside the dollar store,lol. Now the bags can just sit on my floor while go back and look again! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I’m such a bad friend and totally late to the game but I’m hopping on a plane… tell Buddy Cuddles to save some popcorn for me!! Seriously though, this looks like the epitome of Christmas! I love it all :) xo.

23. Dagmar Obert says

Popcorn garland was a way cool idea. Loved your use of white , black and red in great composition of the wrapping paper. What a beautiful setting your home is in set off the lake!. Thank you for your wonderful display of the Vermont Balsam Hill wreaths in the windows with the beautiful red ribbon. So lovely! Appreciated your home tour and all your unique displays of greens and various things from the printable to the advent. So meaningful and rich.

24. Catherine says

I’m new on your email list. You have an absolutely beautiful home! I love your Christmas decor, especially the french stripes and grain sack influences! So rustic and beautiful!