Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods, but all opinions are my own.
You guys, this is my new fave sandwich – ever! It’s the perfect light and easy weeknight meal in the summer. I promise you my Greek Salad Chicken Flatbread will be a hit in your house too.
Pssst… there’s a secret ingredient and it’s actually one I use on sandwiches a lot – hummus! Have you ever tried hummus on a sandwich? It’s so good and such a great healthy alternative to using mayo.
For this recipe I tried Pacific’s organic Roasted Garlic Hummus and it became an instant favorite in our hummus loving house. It’s has a great consistency, which makes it taste homemade. In fact, I like this better than my homemade hummus. I love that it’s all organic made from real ingredients. They also come in these shelf-stable BPA-free cartons so you can feel really great about serving it to your family.
This recipe is so easy and I love that it has chicken and veggies all wrapped up on a flatbread. Add a side of fresh fruit and dinner is done.
First up you need to make the greek marinade/salad dressing, although here’s a hint – if you really want to simplify this, you could buy a pre-made greek style salad dressing and just use that, but I like to make my own.
Marinate the chicken in the dressing for at least an hour before grilling, only use half the dressing. You will use the other half on the salad.
Chop up all your greek salad ingredients and mix in a bowl with the other half of the salad dressing/marinade.
Grill the flatbread too and top with Pacific Roasted Garlic Hummus. Although their Roasted Red Pepper or Original would be delicious too.
Top with salad mixture.
Add the grilled chicken, and sprinkle with a bit more feta.
I like to then cut my sandwiches in half to make these cute little triangles. Yum!
Greek Salad Chicken Flatbread
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pacific organic Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 2-4 flatbreads
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 C chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 C chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 C feta crumbles
- Mix marinade/salad dressing by combining the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, honey, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour half into a bowl and add the chicken. Let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Set aside the remaining dressing to use on the salad.
- Grill marinated chicken for 4-6 minutes per side on medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Set aside to rest.
- Grill flatbread til nicely toasted.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onion, and feta in a bowl with the remaining salad dressing.
- Spread Pacific hummus spread on the flatbread.
- Top with tossed salad mixture.
- Slice the chicken breast and add on top of the flatbread.
- Top with more feta and salt and pepper.