Hey guys! Welcome to another Friday Feels where I share what I’m “feeling” this week. This week I’m sharing a fun and easy appetizer idea – Burrata Crostini with Tomato Jam and Pesto. Crostini are always a crowd pleaser at our house.
Tangy tomato jam, layered with fresh pesto, and topped with creamy burrata. Throw in some crusty bread and I don’t even really need dinner, I could eat this all night long.
You could even make this super easy by buying your own tomato jam and pesto. I decided to try my hand at making the tomato jam, but took the easy way out and used Trader Joe’s pesto because I think it’s delicious and just as good as anything I would make myself.
Burrata tastes best at room temperature, so be sure to set it out on the counter for a bit before serving. Or since I used a skillet as my serving dish, I popped this in the oven for a few minutes at 350, but it’s not necessary. You could also serve these up already put together if you don’t want a dip idea. Just top each individual slice of bread with the jam, pesto and burrata for an easy to eat party appetizer.
I recently went to a friends house and she served this recipe in the most genius way. She kept the three parts of the dip apart on divided server platter and served it with the toasted bread on the side. It was great for a large crowd as it was easy to assemble your own burrata crostini. You can adjust the amount of burrata, tomato jam, and pesto to your exact liking that way! Or if you are like my kids you skip the pesto all together.
Burrata Crostini with Tomato Jam and Pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- jar of pesto or make your own!
- container of burrata
- baguette sliced and grilled (I did mine on a grill pan, you could broil in your oven too!)
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and put in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, garlic powder, cinnamon, red pepper flake and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes- hour stirring frequently until it becomes thick and syrupy.
- Let cool, keeps for several days in the fridge if need be.
- Spread the jam onto a plate, serving dish, pan whatever you want to use.
- Add a layer of pesto.
- Top with burrata.
- Grill or toast sliced baguette and dip into the spread.
I hope you enjoy this burrata crostini with tomato jam and pesto!
You can find more appetizer ideas below –
- Garlic Dill White Bean Dip
- Herbed Cheese and Roasted Pepper Crostini
- Whipped Goat Cheese Fig & Prosciutto