Master Bathroom Reveal – Parent’s Edition

Guys, I’m not sure I’m a good enough photographer to do justice to this master bathroom.

I mean, we don’t need to talk about me falling off the toilet that I was standing on to get a good shot of the floor, or how I flushed the toilet on accident on my way down..

Master Bathroom

I won’t mention how I accidentally took a little shower, because I backed into the faucet handle.

I won’t show you photos of the nice goose egg on my noggin after I nailed my head on the concrete countertop trying to take a photo of the bathtub.

And we can really just keep quiet about the back of the head light fixture incident.  I possibly had a heart attack when I thought I broke the thing, I think my head is going to be ok too.

Master Bath Decor

We’ll just keep all of this to ourselves and not tell anyone, thank goodness my parents don’t have a hidden camera in here.  But if they did, rest assured the video would end up on funniest home videos.  Come to think of it if I won $10,000 I might be able to get behind that idea.  Maybe I need to start video taping all my photo shoots…

I could really start my own youtube channel, photography gone wrong or worlds clumsiest photographer!  Blogger breaks leg in slippery bathroom photo shoot, I can just see the headlines now!

Anyways, let’s just say enjoy the bathroom photos, because this was basically like shooting an episode of American Ninja Warrior for me :)

Ok I’ll stop blabbing on and give you a few details, the counter top, shower floor and bath surround are all poured concrete.  My mom didn’t want the worry of marble in these areas and I love the way it breaks up all the white.

My mom’s carpenter made this little cabinet piece in the back of the tub so she could keep all her books and soaps hidden away.

Tried to get a shot of my parent’s view of the lake out their windows for you, the leaves are just starting to change across the lake.

My mom found this cute little cart and accessories at World Market.

Master Bathroom Decor

I love the subway tile in here, it’s got kind of a 3D effect.

We moved some of my mom’s orchid collection up here for a pop of color.

master-bathroom-decor-ideas-35     master-bathroom-decor-ideas-30

Oh and I almost forgot the before pics

Yeah, we have come a long way!

master-bathroom-decor-ideas-26   master-bathroom-decor-ideas-23

That’s the whole tour, or what I could capture without any more bodily harm to myself ;)

You can see my parent’s adjacent bedroom here.  And more of their house tour here, here, and here.

Cabinet – Home Decorators – different counter top and hardware

Faucets and hardware – Delta

Garden Stool – Home Decorators

Bath Cart – World Market

Towels – HomeGoods

Light Fixtures – Pottery Barn

Beautiful photos!! Ahhhhh what we bloggers won’t do for a good photograph. I can just see you — before pic– cut outfit, long blonde hair flowing, camera held confidently in your hand. After pic — bandage around head , crutches, camera hanging around neck kinda at an angle. Yep!! The sacrifices we make.

That is stunning!!!! Good Job!! I am DYING to gut ours (much, much smaller) but it’s at the back of our list :(
    You sounds about as clumsy as me! I am always covered in bumps and bruises and I don;t even notice getting them most of the time anymore :P

3. Carol says

Thanks for the smiles. How I wish that I could have a bathroom like that, but in a 200 year old home, we’ve knocked out walls and tried to make it as handicapped accessible as possible, but the bathroom can’t be changed. I am glad I don’t have to walk outside for a bathroom. Also, enjoy your parents while you have them.

4. Pam says

Wow, sounds like we narrowly avoided a lawsuit from injuring yourself in our bathroom! Great job as usual with the photos! I am loving how bright and white everything is now, such a transformation!

Hello Kelly- this looks awesome. I know the vanity cabinet is from Home Decorators, but where did you get the sink- I like how it is thick and the square clean sink look. Thanks for any info! Trying to replicate this!! Hannah

6. Mindy says

Yes i also would like to replicate this I already have the floor order the cabinet need the sink and Mirror. thanks

hi Katy, she just got it from a local tile store, I’m sure if you brought a pic on your phone to a local store they could help your find really similar tile – thanks!

Hi Kelly! We are going to try to match this too! I have been looking at different pictures that had bits and pieces of this bathroom but your parents’ is literally everything that I want! What color is the cabinet? Do you have a link to theirs from Home Decorators? Is it a grey/blue? I just love it with all the white!

Love this bathroom–we are using it as one of our inspiration bathrooms for our master bath! I’d love to know more about the sink. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to replicate it. Quartz seems like it will get us close, but not quite. Thanks for your help!

Hi Kelly, I would really like the name, if possible, of the lights that were used?!
    I am unable to find them on Potterybarn, but was hoping to find them somewhere else to purchase.
    Thanks, the bathroom looks great!

10. Jodi says this bathroom and using it as my inspiration also! Was it difficult to remove the granite countertop from the Home Decorators vanity? Also, what countertop did you replace it with…love it! Sorry if you already answered these questions before!

Hi Jodi, I’m not sure how hard it was because the counter top guy took it off for my mom. It was replaced with poured concrete counter top that a local guy fabricated. Lots of people make them so I’m sure you could find a local person to help you out!

11. Melissa says

Hi Kelly,

Love your blog and home! Can you tell me how you like this vanity and were you pleased with the overall purchase?

12. Rachel says

I LOVE this and am using this as the inspiration to renovate our bathroom in our new home in Brooklyn :-) Can you tell me what kind of tile this is…I saw that she bought it at a local tile store, but do you know if it’s porcelain or marble? Thanks!!

• Christy says

Just re- read and realized it is pored concrete! I didn’t really you could do concrete in white. Looks amazing!

13. Monica says

It the whole wall tiled behind your vanity or did you tile around the vanity after it was set?
    I am having this dilemma now.

14. Gail W says

Your bathroom makeover has been a major source of inspiration for my renovation, which is currently underway. I had already chosen your floor tile. And the rest of your choices go so beautifully with it! Was waffling about whether or not to have a built-in bench in the shower and decided the portable garden stool was the perfect solution. Wondering if you by any chance held onto information about the paint color? I can’t seem to find a light blue that doesn’t have more green in it than I would like. And I’m locked into Sherwin-Williams by my contractor. Wish I could copy that view!

15. Ashley harrold says

i am in love with this bathroom! You are so talented! Just curious…how wide is the vanity and where did you find the top? I have been searching for weeks for something similar and having no luck. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

We had the top poured out of concrete to fit it. I’m not sure on the dimensions but if you go to the Home Decorators site it should have the product details, thanks!

16. Christa says

I love all off the colours in this bathroom! Can you tell me if the cabinet was painted and if so what the colour is?

17. johanna says

Hi Kelly! I just purchased the same exact vanity from Home Decorators (through Home Depot) and want to change out the counter top. Where did you order yours?