Since there isn’t a whole lot of DIY I can tackle yet in the sunroom, I’ve decided to do the next best thing – shop!
I’m sharing a few things I’ve bought so far, which is a little bare bones. I obviously still need some accessories, more color etc…but at least you can see what direction I’m going.
1. I ordered this Seagrass sofa from Pottery Barn when it was on sale 2 weeks ago plus free shipping and it should be delivered in a few weeks. I love the texture it’s going to bring to the room and of course you know I love the white cushions.
2. The striped Target pouf has actually been at our house forever just waiting for the sunroom to happen, I grabbed in when we were still in the planning stages as kind of my wishful thinking piece.
3. I just got this rug from Rugsusa.com and I love it! Bonus it was 80% off (!!!) bringing it down to $99 for a 5×8 – total score! It’s currently out of stock :( but maybe it will be back soon?
4. The black wall sconces are from Barn Light Electric – totally obsessed with these. I ordered 3 of them for above the windows and I can’t wait to see them up.
5. The floor! Oh the floor – be still my heart! I just got the flooring delivered today and I can’t wait to lay it down, it’s so gorgeous! It’s Forestry Mix in Whitewash by Armstrong flooring. It’s a laminate floor that looks just like a rustic white washed floor. Eeek, loooove it!
6. The floor lamp is from Birch Lane, I love the old spotlight feel of it. I wanted a lamp in here that didn’t take up to much visual space so that it’s all about the view.
7. The havana baskets are from Pottery Barn as well and will be going inside the window seat that will be built along the lake side of the sunroom. They were a bit pricey for 6 of them but I know the extra storage for toys and boardgames will be great. My uncle is going to be building the window seat custom for me so he will be able to make these baskets fit perfectly in the openings.
8. I also snagged the grey throw from Pottery Barn while it was on sale this weekend too!
9. The throw pillows are from One Kings Lane, I bought 2 of them at their 4th of July sale this weekend for a great price not sure if they still have them, but they had a ton to choose from.
So those are the things you can actually expect to see in the room. I’m still on the hunt for a round coffee table with a pop of color on it but with a rustic vibe. I’m toying with the idea of building one myself at the moment…
I’m also still looking for accessories to bring in more color and pull it all together, but I’m going to wait until I’m actually in the space to nail all that down. I think I’ve got a good start on the basics though!
So stay tuned :)
PS I hear the windows are going to be delivered tomorrow so cross your fingers for me!!
PSS To see more of the sunroom plans check out this post.
Hey Kelly! Just wanted to say on behalf of Barn Light Electric that we can’t wait to see how your sunroom turns out once it’s finished! It looks like it’s going to be an awesome space!! :) Also, thanks for selecting Barn Light Electric fixtures, we always appreciate our customers and their commitment to American-made lighting. Can’t wait to see the pictures and thanks again.
Thanks Samantha, I love all the gorgeous lighting you options you sell! I’m so excited to have your lights up in our finished space, they are going to be the perfect finishing touch.
I love everything about this sun room!! You are just so talented, I was wondering if you know the name of the rug you ordered?? I just love it ; )
Hi Cathey! It’s actually all sold out :( I had lots of questions on it on instagram so I looked it up but they don’t carry it anymore. They do have a lot of similar styles though!
I love your choices and I just checked out the plans for the sun room and I love it! We’ve been toying with the idea of adding a sunroom/breakfast room off our kitchen when we do our renovation but I am at a major standstill! It helps to see other people moving along…hopefully you will motivate me to make some decisions!
Oh fun! Good luck with your reno Shelley!
Hi Kelly- thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas and also the great redo
of your mom-in-laws house. Would you ever think of giving ideas to not so talented people like myself who need a little
bit of help? I have a queen anne couch that does not fit in my living room decor. Too expensive to have reupholstered
but love the couch. Just a thought!!! Praying partner of our mom- Terri
Shoot me an email with a pic and I’ll take a look Terri :) my email is [email protected] thanks!
Great pieces and your sunroom is going to look lovely. I love that rug and with the whites, blues and textures, dark lights, it is totally my style.
Thank Elizabeth – can’t wait to share photos of the real thing!
I love how you pull everything together with your decorating skills. The sunroom will be beautiful!
Thanks Kathleen, I hope so!
Come on windows! I can’t wait to see everything pulled together. Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful room.
we are getting closer!!!
It is coming together beautifully! I love the colors and flooring – WOW!! I can’t wait until its done and I’m not even going to live there :-)
haha glad someone else is just as excited as me ;)
Comments are closed.