My parent’s summer cottage is coming right along. I’ll do a big building update when it’s not -5 outside. We are nailing down some of the design details like wallpaper, paint, and lighting. Today I’m sharing the lake house lighting plan.
My mom wants a classic cottage style for this home. Picture lots of navy and white with dark wood and brass. We are using a mix of brass, black, and chrome fixtures for an eclectic but traditional feel. We want the space to feel collected over time which can be a challenge with a new build. I find that mixing metals throughout the home helps achieve a look that isn’t builder basic.
Disclaimer:This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. Just click on the BOLD links.
Summer Cottage Lighting
- Aire Libre Outdoor Sconces – These traditional looking lanterns will look great on either side of their navy front door. They will also be repeated on the lake side of the house and their garage as well.
- Classic Dome Light – I love the simple classic look of this fixture. They will be used in the basement guest bedrooms.
- Otis Sconce – The kitchen plans feature sconces on either side of the hood and I love the classic touch of the pull chain.
- Chris Loves Julia Edie Sconce – The other kitchen wall has a large window over the sink and will feature three of these sconces above the window.
- Vienna Ceiling Light – The office will be paneled in dark navy blue so we chose this fun brass fixture for the space.
- Modern Charleston Light – The wrought iron finish of this fixture is so pretty with the milk glass shade. We chose them for their primary bathroom.
- Conical Drum Pendant – The main kitchen/dining/living room ceiling has really beautiful wood beams so we chose three of these pendants to intersperse between the beams.
- Picture Light – The living room will have a frame tv so we decided to put a picture light above it to further trick they eye that it’s a picture.
- Montpelier Fixture – There are 2 guest baths in the house and we chose this simple chrome fixture for both baths.
- Dorinda Semi Flush Mount – This cutie fixture will be going in the mudroom. The scalloped detail is so fun.
- Primrose Wall Sconce – These lights aren’t available for purchase quite yet but they will be going on either side of the bed in the primary bedroom. I love the vintage feel of them.
I can’t wait to see this part of the project come to life!