Top 10 posts of 2014
Just in case you all thought I dropped off the face of the earth, (although if you follow me on instagram you know I’ve been playing in the sand with the kiddos) I assure you I’m still here! I’ve been taking a little extended blogging break – enjoying the holidays, vacation and just catching up on real life. I told myself I was not going to blog anything until I cleaned out my closet…well, I haven’t blogged, but I have rearranged our entire house and I’m also giving the playroom a makeover. Oh, the lengths I will go to to avoid my closet :)
I’ll be sharing a bunch of those fun projects in the next 2 weeks along with the results of the reader survey, but according to the survey there are a lot of newbies hanging out here (welcome!). So, in case you missed some of these posts this past year, I’m jumping on the recap bandwagon with my top 10 posts of 2014.
I’ll be back next week with some fresh ideas, but in the meantime enjoy the trip down memory lane…
1. Paint Colors – I need to do an updated version of this, because I have painted almost every room in the house this year, but I still love all these colors!
2. Fire Pit Table Top – this was a surprise that this one was so popular, but I do love this table and we used it all summer long!
3. Ikea Hack Night Stands – still love these too, although I’m making a few tweaks to the master bedroom in the new year these will definitely be staying put!
4. DIY Headboard – this is staying too, so simple and easy to do and it made such a big difference in our room.
5. Fall Home Tour – I had so much fun decorating for fall last year, can’t wait to show you all what the house is looking like now.
6. Big Girl Room – oh my heart, I still love this room! Not much has changed in here except a big pink fluffy rug to keep her tootsies warm in the winter.
7. My Parent’s Living Room – you all always love my parent’s house (I do too!) and this post was one of your faves.
8. My Parent’s Bathroom Makeover – like I said you love my parent’s house…
9. Kid’s Desks – this was a fun post, still can’t believe I scored these desks for $10!
10. Southwestern Eggroll Dip – and one recipe made it into the mix, which is reminding me to make this again for the Super Bowl this year.
Now back to my closet organizing…send help!
Thanks too much for all you sen us they are veru nice and very interesant things to do.
I am from Argentina and very happy to received all these proyects. You have a beautiful house, and the place where you live.
thanks for all.
Thanks so much Maria!
I can’t believe how many of these posts I missed! I LOVE the colors what you shared…I will definitely be saving those as ideas for our new house. That table top for your fire pit is GENIUS and I will probably steal that idea as well lol. Your fireplace and bookshelves are beautiful and such a great inspiration. Keep being amazing!!! xx Liz http://www.4evermysweetpea.com
Thanks Elizabeth, steal away :)
its really good stuff i love looking at all your brilliant ideas
I thought yesterday that I had missed you, but take time to enjoy life. It goes much too fast and who knows or cares whether your closet is perfect. Maybe you need to find some pretty acessories that will help you get into the mood to reorganize and purge. My husband decided he wanted a new floor in his bedroom and over Christmas he decided to do it. What a mess we had and I will hire the next job. When we get to be old we should leave those jobs to someone younger.
Wishing you a fun weekend and a time to enjoy your family . The closet will be there next week.
Thanks for being so understanding Carol! The closet is still there…ha :)
thx Kelly for the top 10 review! looking forward to seeing your posts in the near future. Have a blessed day!
Love ALL your posts, Kelly! Can’t wait to see what you are up to this year. :)
Thanks so much Traci, can’t wait to see what YOU are up to!!
Warm sunshine! What a way to start the new year! Love your blog and you make me laugh in a good way, Kathleen in Az
Thanks Kathleen, enjoy the sun for us freezing up here, -10 today!
Love your trip down memory lane…so many great projects, Kelly! I’m glad you threw in the eggroll dip recipe, too — I am definitely giving it a try! Sounds perfect! Happy New Year!
Oh good, it’s so yummy! Thanks Julie!
These were all great posts. I love your style. Now as far as the closet, mine really needs some help too. I have put that on the way, way back burner. haha
Yup mine is still waiting ugh, gotta get to it one of these days!
You have a beautiful home. I loved taking a peek.
Comments are closed.