Hey friends, and Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays. It was great to take a little time off here to hang out with my kiddos and the Mr. I’m sloooowly trying to get back into the swing of things, and I thought it would be fun to look back at my fave 10 projects from 2020. The past year was kind of one big blur, to be honest. When I went back through my blog I realized I actually did accomplish more than just lounging around in my sweatpants and baking :) So in no particular order, here are my fave 10 projects of 2020!
You can click on the bold words to check out each post if you want more photos (including before and after pics) or source info.
- My son’s bathroom has been on my to-do list since we moved in a few years ago and I finally tackled it in early 2020. I hadn’t flexed my DIY skills in a while at that point, so planking and painting the walls was a fun project.
2. Since I had already dusted off my painting skills, I decided to move over to the wet bar cabinets. The blue was never the right shade for this space, and I love the fresh feeling of these putty colored cabinets.
3. Now that the cabinets were looking fresh, I was able to finally pull the rest of the basement family room together with new throw pillows and pops of color.
4. This summer my daughter and I decided it was time to switch up her almost Teen Bedroom (again), and it feels perfect for my almost 13 year old now.
5. Ahh summer… I’m already ready for you again! We are a long way off in Michigan, so let’s look back on the little upgrade our bedroom deck received. We spend as much time as possible out here, and it was so nice to finish this space off.
6. The kitchen got a few upgrades this year too! The painting bug bit me again when everything was shut down. I still love the fresh pop of navy in here, and the lights too!
7. The kitchen makeover spilled over into the breakfast nook with a larger table perfect for our growing kids. The round table and 3 chairs set up works so much better than the oval table with 2 chairs.
8. I think my fall living room was one of my most popular posts of the year. Now that Christmas is over, it looks like this again minus the pretty water out the window. The lake is totally frozen over and it’s a winter wonderland out there today.
9. Refreshing my parent’s home was another fun project I helped plan. And yes, I still need to share it all styled up! I keep waiting for a nice sunny day that I have time to go shoot it and the stars just haven’t aligned yet…the next sunny day we get, I’m there though so stay tuned!
10. Last but not least, my biggest project of the year was/is the pool house! We finally started and things are looking up. The painter is here this week and I’ll have a big ole update for you all on the blog next week. Can’t wait to share!